I was quite concerned when I examined what came up and even a lay person could figure out that these pieces of rawhide could cause gastrointestinal problems. I have taken the rawhide dog bones away and they will not be given them again.
I would never give my dogs rawhide bones yuck!!!
are dog bones made from pure nylon; this makes them exceptionally strong. Unlike rawhide, they will not splinter or break into chunks. The shred off in tiny particles that pass through the digestive system and are made with the most aggressive chewers in mind. When the Nylabone is chewed into a stump, throw it away and buy a new one to prevent a choking hazard.
Jan 6, 2014 - Rawhide chews and bones are very popular for dogs
There are countless types of dog chews, bones, and toys in the market today, and rawhide is one of the most popular. Because there have been lots of concerns regarding the safety of rawhide dog chews, it is a good idea to be familiar with the various kinds of rawhide available as well as the pros and cons accompanying these types of chew toys. With the necessary facts, you can make a sound decision about whether or not to allow your pooch to chow down on the popular knotted chew bone.
Rawhides, Bones And Chews : Dog Food & Treats : Target
Rawhide is a natural product. We have not found it to cause blockages or problems in most dogs. If your dog consistently swallows bones whole, it should probably not receive chews unattended.The process of creating rawhide bones involves tons of chemicals and dyes. Not surprisingly, there’s a good chance your dog’s stomach won’t be able to handle it all.Searching for quality rawhide alternatives can be time consuming and confusing, but would you put your dog’s life at risk in order to breeze through the pet store checkout line with a run of the mill bone?Many people choose “bones” made from rawhide, which is simply the dehydrated skin of a cow. Rawhide tastes similar to beef, which is why dogs find it so irresistible. The downside is these tasty treats can also be hazardous for dogs.